Cairn: HMO Specialists in Edinburgh
As HMO specialists in Edinburgh, we regularly write about the benefits and considerations of renting an HMO in Scotland’s capital, whether that’s from the perspective of a landlord or a tenant.
In this post, we’ve pulled together the most important links, definitions, and information, all in one place. If you’re thinking about renting an HMO in Edinburgh, make sure you read this first.
Firstly: What is an HMO?
An HMO (House in Multiple Occupation) or “house share” is a residential property where three or more unrelated people rent and share facilities (such as a bathroom, toilet, and kitchen).
HMOs are a great way for landlords and tenants to spread the risk of renting. However, for a property to qualify as an HMO, it must meet strict licensing requirements. You can read more about these requirements on this page: HMO Letting with Cairn.
Our HMO Specialists Edinburgh Resources:
- Choosing HMO Letting Agents in Edinburgh – Are you a landlord looking for the best HMO letting agents in Edinburgh? This post tells you everything you need to know.
- Renting an HMO in Edinburgh: Advice for Landlords & Students – If you’re interested in renting out (or living in) an HMO, there are a few important things you need to keep in mind. In this post, we explain all.
- 4 Huge Reasons Why You Should Buy-to-Let in Edinburgh – Are you a landlord thinking about investing in an HMO in Scotland’s vibrant capital? Here are a few reasons why it remains a popular and lucrative idea.
Useful Third-Party Links
Beyond our own blog posts and articles, check out these important links:
- Houses in Multiple Occupation – Edinburgh City Council
- Private Accommodation Advice from The University of Edinburgh
Cairn: HMO Specialists (Edinburgh)
We’ve been managing fully licensed HMO properties in Edinburgh for several years. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, when you rent with Cairn, you’re in good hands. We meet all licensing requirements, move tenants in safely, and carry out quarterly inspections to make sure the property is secure, clean and comfortable, as per the HMO conditions.
Are you interested in renting an HMO property in Edinburgh? Get in touch to learn more.