There are lots of opportunities within Cairn, from working at head office to becoming a property partner. Don’t wait for us to advertise – we want to hear from people who can create opportunities.
Cairn pride ourselves with a robust training programme in association with Letwell and ARLA to ensure our staff are continually developing and keeping uptodate with the current legislation. In addition we run quarterly training courses with key note speakers such as Elspeth Boyle from Landlord Accreditation Scotland and various surveyors and property professionals.
The key to Cairn’s success is its people and its commitment to high quality and personal customer service. Responsive and productive. Cairn always aims to deliver against clients needs.
Cairn is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Property Manager based at Head Office, Gibson Street, Glasgow.
Ideal candidate must have minimum 2 years letting experience, knowledge of HMO procedures advantageous, strong customer service experience, ability to work as part of a team when required. Letwell or ARLA trained an advantage.
• Managing your own portfolio of properties covering: Advertising, Letting, Maintenance, Arrears, Check-outs and general day to day letting enquires.
• Building strong relationships with, and acting as the main point of contact for your Landlords and Tenants, responding within appropriate time frames and giving the highest level of service.
• Must competently deal with the market appraisal of the property, advertising and tenant referencing etc following Cairn company procedures and processes.
• Creating and issuing of move in / lease paperwork ensuring these are accurate, including the issuing of Statutory Notes in line with legislation
• Organising utility and council tax set up on behalf of Landlords.
• Conducting market appraisals, keeping your landlord updated on the market value of the property and any rental increases that can be placed.
• Must be pro-active in managing the property, ensuring that all maintenance issues are responded to and resolved within appropriate time frames. Inspection reports must be prioritised keeping the landlord updated with the condition of their property.
• Must ensure that all compliance in the property is met within the legally required timeframe, the property manager is responsible for ensuring the property meets the Repairing Standard.
• Must proactively discuss any improvements to the property with the landlord, promoting Cairn Lettings development team following inspection processes.
• Confidently deal with any landlord or tenant complaints in the first instance, ensuring that reference is made to the Letting Agent Code of Practise (LACP). It is expected of property managers to prioritise complaints and try to resolve these competently before issues are escalated to the management team.
• Creation and execution of legal notices to the tenant on behalf of the landlord.
Highly organised polished individual with drive and ambition for genuine career prospects.
Competitive salary plus branch bonus.
Hours 8.45-5pm M-F