Cairn: HMO Specialists in Glasgow
As HMO specialists in Glasgow, we regularly write about the benefits and considerations of renting an HMO in the city, whether that’s from the perspective of a landlord or a tenant.
In this post, we’ve collected the most important links, definitions, and information, all in one place. If you’re thinking about renting an HMO in Glasgow, read this first.
Reminder: What is an HMO?
An HMO (House in Multiple Occupation) is a residential property where three or more unrelated people rent and share facilities (such as a bathroom, toilet, and kitchen). It’s sometimes referred to as a “house share”.
For a property to qualify as an HMO, it must meet strict licensing requirements. You can read more about these requirements on this page: HMO Letting with Cairn.
Our HMO Specialists Glasgow Resources:
- Getting to Grips with HMO Licencing – Are you a landlord looking to understand HMO licencing better? This post explains everything.
- Glasgow HMO Properties: What Do Students Need to Know? – Are you a student thinking of renting an HMO property in Glasgow during term-time? We’ve got the answers to some frequently asked questions.
- Buy-to-Let in Glasgow: 4 Reasons Why Should Do It – Are you a landlord thinking about investing in an HMO in Scotland’s biggest city? Here are a few reasons why it’s a no-brainer.
Handy Third-Party Links
Beyond our own blog posts and articles, check out these important links:
- Houses in Multiple Occupation – Glasgow City Council
- How to Apply for an HMO Licence with Glasgow City Council
- HMO Information from Glasgow University Students’ Representative Council
Cairn: HMO Specialists (Glasgow)
We’ve been managing fully licensed HMO properties in Glasgow for a number of years. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, when you rent with Cairn, you’re in good hands. We ensure all licensing requirements are met, tenants are moved in safely, and regulations are adhered to.
We also carry out quarterly inspections to make sure the property is secure, clean and comfortable, as per the HMO conditions.
Are you interested in renting an HMO property in Glasgow? Get in touch to learn more.